Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur' for 'MYT/8.0/no DST' instead in /home/kutama/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTemplate.php on line 306

Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur' for 'MYT/8.0/no DST' instead in /home/kutama/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTemplate.php on line 306

Account
Communities Public Forums Members Events Ads (FREE)
  •  

Quote28.06.2011 09:240 people like thisLike

I think for those who had already moved in to KU realized the thick smoke from last Thursday.

Some of us already sent emails complaining of the issue to DOE last week.

I am one of them and they did call me up this morning to understand the situation and explain to me of their action.

From the conversation, he confirms that the smoke does comes from Johor Setia which most of the locals know it's an annual thingy.

The land owner is not doing anything to the land which resulted some farmers/residents started to utilized some of the land for farming.

Since the soil is acidic, they need to neutralize it. Buying a pack of soil cost RM200. So the cheapest way is to just burn the whole land up.

DOE can't put off the fire but what they can do is finding out whose the owner and the culprit who started the fire.

So if anyone saw any fire, please call 03-3373 444 (nearest Bomba @ Sri Andalas)

The officer said that he will look into this matter and bringing them to justice.

There is a serious fire last Saturday where the firemen was station there for a few days or so he said.

Quote28.06.2011 09:460 people like thisLike

can show where is the burning location?

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=3.020184&lon=101.5464163&z=15&l=0&m=b

Quote28.06.2011 09:500 people like thisLike

can show where is the burning location?

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=3.020184&lon=101.5464163&z=15&l=0&m=b

I saw around this area

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=2.9817845&lon=101.4962482&z=15&l=0&m=b

But according to the DOE office, that place is really large (as we can see from the map too)

There are some burning happening inside which we can't saw.

Quote28.06.2011 09:530 people like thisLike

that quite far man... but wonderin work with Bandar Puteri RA to encounter this issues?

Quote28.06.2011 11:120 people like thisLike

Johor Setia? haha... Johan Setia la bro :)

Quote28.06.2011 11:140 people like thisLike

no wondering i cant google "Johor Setia" just now... lol

help steven amend the title then... haha

Quote28.06.2011 11:140 people like thisLike

this is the news - http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=%2F2011%2F6%2F24%2Fnation%2F8966840&sec=nation

Quote28.06.2011 11:270 people like thisLike

no wondering i cant google "Johor Setia" just now... lol

help steven amend the title then... haha

amended the title :)

Quote28.06.2011 14:050 people like thisLike

Pai Seh .. did I wrote Johor? aiya~! typo la ... proves that my brain still half awake when i wrote that ... lolx!!

Quote28.06.2011 14:100 people like thisLike

Pai Seh .. did I wrote Johor? aiya~! typo la ... proves that my brain still half awake when i wrote that ... lolx!!

i tot u bought a house in johor fr setia group tim, haha...

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur' for 'MYT/8.0/no DST' instead in /home/kutama/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTemplate.php on line 753

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur' for 'MYT/8.0/no DST' instead in /home/kutama/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTemplate.php on line 753
© 2014 Kemuning Utama Community.