Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur' for 'MYT/8.0/no DST' instead in /home/kutama/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTemplate.php on line 306

Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur' for 'MYT/8.0/no DST' instead in /home/kutama/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTemplate.php on line 306

Account
Communities Public Forums Members Events Ads (FREE)
  •  

Giant Hypermarket - Kemuning Utama
Quote10.11.2010 19:290 people like thisLike

I saw big group of ppl sitting near to the loading bay around 7pm... believe those are giant new worker... seem going to open very soon... Smile

Quote10.11.2010 23:250 people like thisLike

I saw big group of ppl sitting near to the loading bay around 7pm... believe those are giant new worker... seem going to open very soon... Smile

Ya, they already put up the banner to hire workers since last week. and trucks has been loading stuff into the warehouse since last weekend. should be very fast now.

Quote11.11.2010 10:260 people like thisLike

well a lil' disappointed actually..

they open in KU...but put up buntings all over the place as Giant KK instead of KU..

Quote11.11.2010 10:400 people like thisLike

Saw many cars last for the last 2 nights at about 8pm. more than 20 cars i think. I thought already open to public. To think about it, they must have put "Kini DiBuka" sign if so. Maybe they are doing final preparations and training for the new staff.

Quote11.11.2010 11:590 people like thisLike

they open in KU...but put up buntings all over the place as Giant KK instead of KU..

like this also can? then ppl will think the giant is in KK, misleading ppl :(

Quote11.11.2010 13:210 people like thisLike

why is everything always have to be KK? Initial I assume that outside people are more well known of KK but nowadays, KU is rising up next to KK. They should start to promote KU rather than still siding with KK. duh~! disappointing ~!!!

Quote11.11.2010 17:000 people like thisLike

actually i saw the banner in Tmn Sri Muda, it showing that Giant in Kemuning Utama...

but the banner at KU West along the main trunk road, it showing Giant in Kota Kemuning...

lol...

Quote11.11.2010 17:190 people like thisLike

maybe got two GIANTS .. lolx~! just jokingTongue out

Quote11.11.2010 18:440 people like thisLike

just look thru the KU West trunk road... realized that the banner have changed from Kota Kemuning to Kemuning Utama...

Quote11.11.2010 21:511 people like thisLike

just look thru the KU West trunk road... realized that the banner have changed from Kota Kemuning to Kemuning Utama...

good :)

Quote12.11.2010 01:050 people like thisLike

Possible lo..hahaha...if GIANT's company took over Carrefour in KK..then will be another G @ KK lol..

Quote12.11.2010 09:020 people like thisLike

Possible lo..hahaha...if GIANT's company took over Carrefour in KK..then will be another G @ KK lol..

insider told me that Carrefour is going to be taken over by a local company, Halal Hub soon. They are in the midst of discussion.

initially i tot Tesco was gonna take over or the new US Giant, Wall Mart gonna do that. Well, no ones till the very last minute though.

Quote13.11.2010 10:390 people like thisLike

now carrefour in bkt rimau, giant in kemuning utama, if tesco in kota kemuning, then will be perfect :)

Quote13.11.2010 15:100 people like thisLike

now carrefour in bkt rimau, giant in kemuning utama, if tesco in kota kemuning, then will be perfect :)

if possible, i preferably giant wont be around our area as giant have poor management if compare to tesco & carrefour....

bcos my company have bad experiences with giant due to super bad payment master up to 2-3 years+ even though got black & white documentation and brought to legal side... end up my boss forced to write off the invoices away from system...

Quote13.11.2010 16:410 people like thisLike

but too many hypermarket around the same area will make the area to be over crowded and u know what will that lead to ..

Quote13.11.2010 17:050 people like thisLike

but too many hypermarket around the same area will make the area to be over crowded and u know what will that lead to ..

usually the commercial area will boom if there have hypermarket around... especially there have plenty of KUCC shop lot beside giant, believe the shop rental fees will boost up as well due to the traffic... only those corporate companies (such as old town kopitiam, McD, sen heng, maybank, etc) only can afford for those shops due to the expensive rental fees... it will benefit to KU residents... at least dont have those "ciplak" /  "rojak" shops around like tmn sri muda commercial area...

example like 1 Utama / Sunway Pyramid have plenty of branded shop there; but PKNS Shah Alam flooded with "ciplak" shops... so got pros and cons if hypermarket within the commercial area...

Quote17.11.2010 16:540 people like thisLike

Giant KU will official open on 2th of December... =)

Quote18.11.2010 08:380 people like thisLike

will celebrate my anniversary in Giant KU, haha :) 

Quote18.11.2010 10:490 people like thisLike

Let me clear the air a bit ... It is an ERROR by whoever that do the banner ... because initially those banners around Tmn Sri Muda also showing Giant KK! but later on changed to Giant KU! ... so no, only ONE Giant .. hehe ...

And about Carrefour ... in their latest bidding early November, Carrefour consider all bidders' offering price TOO low ... so now it is on hold ...

Quote18.11.2010 10:500 people like thisLike

Jason, congratulation wor .... how many years anniversary ah?

Quote18.11.2010 11:440 people like thisLike

Jason, congratulation wor .... how many years anniversary ah?

3rd year since 2007... :) 

Quote18.11.2010 16:270 people like thisLike

Denai Alam ( sime darby) launching new terrace houses..starting at Rm740k to RM1.4m for corner...corner only 4000sq ft.

crazy prices means its a crazy time. For those who invested in houses in KU...i am sure you will make very good money...for those who bought to live in, then congrats too cause you dun have to spend RM1 mil to live in Jelutong aka next to Sungai buloh. ha ha ha

Quote18.11.2010 17:020 people like thisLike

Denai Alam ( sime darby) launching new terrace houses..starting at Rm740k to RM1.4m for corner...corner only 4000sq ft.

crazy prices means its a crazy time. For those who invested in houses in KU...i am sure you will make very good money...for those who bought to live in, then congrats too cause you dun have to spend RM1 mil to live in Jelutong aka next to Sungai buloh. ha ha ha

haha, akhan, this seems out of topic wor, u shd post it to http://www.kemuningutama.com/forum/#forum/-Property-Market-Analysis-0.htm :)

the house price really crazy now...

Quote20.11.2010 17:330 people like thisLike

eh..yeah lah...sorry. was so disturbed by the prices, i wrote my msg in the wrong place. sorrry.

Quote26.11.2010 13:540 people like thisLike

Giant huge signage going up today... =)

Quote27.11.2010 01:580 people like thisLike

Giant huge signage going up today... =)

yeah man..another one should be going up tomorrow.. :D

i heard my wife said, there's somewhere written that it'll open on Dec 2nd.. or something

Quote27.11.2010 08:060 people like thisLike

i heard my wife said, there's somewhere written that it'll open on Dec 2nd.. or something

thought the banners with date hanged around KU and tmn sri muda? seem u didnt back to KU this few weeks... haha

Quote29.11.2010 16:340 people like thisLike

thought the banners with date hanged around KU and tmn sri muda? seem u didnt back to KU this few weeks... haha

oh i do..but mostly after dark.... 9pm maybe :)

anyway yeah saw the buntings over the weekend.. :D

Quote01.12.2010 17:520 people like thisLike

Giant KU Opening Promo

Quote01.12.2010 18:120 people like thisLike

LG 42" Plasma Rm1699... definitely a good grab... but only up to 1024x768... 

anyway, planned to buy a stand fan RM40 instead... hopefully still available after working hours...

Quote02.12.2010 13:480 people like thisLike

Giant KU Promo 1

Quote02.12.2010 13:490 people like thisLike

Giant KU Promo 2

Quote02.12.2010 14:100 people like thisLike

Not bad... got subway..

A bit dissapointed no The Chicken Rice Shop..

Pak Li Kopitiam not bad.. tried golden fried rice..

Quote02.12.2010 14:120 people like thisLike

i heard got secret recipe :)

Quote02.12.2010 14:181 people like thisLike

Yup. Got..

:( No Maybank 'branch'.. if got Cash deposit machine easier to make payments..

Quote02.12.2010 22:300 people like thisLike

i went there just now... overall better than Carrefour Bukit Rimau... at least 90%+ shops and stalls operating there on the 1st opening day, easier to hunt food, stuffs, grocery, clothes around there... but carrefour seen empty and less stuffs... The only main disadvantage is lack of space... the cars even parked till KFC there and along the main trunk road today, hence the walking space too cramp for peak days like today... window shopping also susah...

anyway, hunted for stand fan, the Rm39.99 stand fan really look like a toy, even my wife pregnant oledi also can carry the stand fan easily... ==" the fan too light and easy to fall down, end up bought Rm109 stand fan... lol... and bought some cheap grocery, cabut for dinner... about 42" plasma TV, have samsung also Rm1699 but only up to 768p only, disappointment... save the money for 50" 1080p in the future... haha...

at least the giant KU management better than i thought, quite satisfy on the payment arrangement... there have additional temporarily cashier counter for today, raise hand to ask customer to pay money at the temporarily counter, reduce the congestion during payment... unlike Carrefour Bukit Rimau, no enough space to queue even and some customers potong Q... =S

Quote03.12.2010 08:590 people like thisLike

Famous shops inside Giant KU:

- RHB Bank

- Guardian

- Secret Recipe

- Subway

- Pak Li Kopitiam

Quote03.12.2010 10:250 people like thisLike

hearing these all, excites me of moving in faster

Quote03.12.2010 11:500 people like thisLike

Famous shops inside Giant KU:

- RHB Bank

- Guardian

- Secret Recipe

- Subway

- Pak Li Kopitiam

they have subway? good!!! Pak Li is definitely good. a bit bored with the usual old town n other kopitiams .. hehe!!

Quote03.12.2010 12:400 people like thisLike

but sad that dont have McD, have to travel all the way to KK for value lunch... haha...

Quote03.12.2010 17:340 people like thisLike

I like Giant, especially having free playground and free kiddy rides for my kids. Agree that parking lots not enough, but today I went there, not as hot as first day, easily to find a parking space inside.

Quote03.12.2010 21:470 people like thisLike

Quote03.12.2010 23:550 people like thisLike

I went to Pak Li for dinner today... i decided to order better food to know how good is their cooking skill...

so i ordered nasi ayam lemon and black pepper chicken chop...

overall, disapointment & under my expectation in term of food quality...

Nasi Ayam Lemon:

outlook quite nice... but rice and chicken with very little warm only... chicken meat hmmmmmm... seem like pre-cooked...

no syok to eat... sigh...

Black Pepper Chicken Chop:

still, rice very little warm... but lucky chicken chop just fried up (waited for 10-15minutest) and still hot with smoke, great...

but the taste like "keropok udang yang tiada angin" + weird scent around my mouth when i chewing the chicken meat... =="

thought is my mouth problem or no familiar to eat black pepper, so i cut a piece and test by my wife, she agreed have weird scent... sigh...

another disapointment... i think the powder ingredient to fry the chicken chop no suit with the black pepper sause...

end up this is the total bill for my dinner tonight... met up Chris Ong accidentally at there and chit chat for long... lol...

Conclusion: avoid any fry chicken... still recommended eat usual foods like nasi lemak, noodle soup, asam laksa, fried rice or others at Pak Li...

hence, i still prefer to eat at oldtown kopitiam or i rather eat Rm3.99 chicken rice at first floor (near playground)... =P

Quote04.12.2010 09:230 people like thisLike

Giant KU Promo 3-5 Dec 2010

Quote04.12.2010 14:550 people like thisLike

Today ,at 10.30am I went to the giant hyper market,not really crowded.I find that the hyper market is a bit smaller compare to others lah!!!

Do you all realise that.parking inside the giant car park not really alot.I think few years later parking will be a problem there.(after all the shoplot is tenanted)

Giant KU Promo 3-5 Dec 2010

Quote04.12.2010 17:060 people like thisLike

Today ,at 10.30am I went to the giant hyper market,not really crowded.I find that the hyper market is a bit smaller compare to others lah!!!

Do you all realise that.parking inside the giant car park not really alot.I think few years later parking will be a problem there.(after all the shoplot is tenanted)

as the land limitation and limited the number of parking space... unlike carrefour bukit rimau have big land and able to park a lot of cars...

anyway, i park at outside of giant instead yesterday night... i prefer walk in from outside rather than hunt for car park inside the giant...

otherwise plan for cycling from KU west to giant... =P

Quote08.12.2010 22:130 people like thisLike

went there yesterday. not bad. much more happening and the human traffic is busier than Putra Heights's giant

Quote09.12.2010 13:340 people like thisLike

went there yesterday. not bad. much more happening and the human traffic is busier than Putra Heights's giant

maybe bcos giant KU quite small, all the traffic just around the particular area...

unlike carrefour BR, look super big and seem less people shopping around as everyone spread around corners... haha...

Quote09.12.2010 16:280 people like thisLike

I do think the human traffic are majority coming from Taman Sri Muda area and Jln Bukit Kemuning. Lol...KU's residents are still "thin" to make it happening.

Quote10.12.2010 09:260 people like thisLike

I do think the human traffic are majority coming from Taman Sri Muda area and Jln Bukit Kemuning. Lol...KU's residents are still "thin" to make it happening.

as long as no foreigner worker around there will be fine...

i just worry that Giant KU will become another nasty place like Tmn Sri Muda... ><

anyway, i origin from Tmn Sri Muda as well... haha

Quote10.12.2010 09:370 people like thisLike

we can't stop 'them' from going over since it's a free country. but hopefully Giant will keep the place clean and neat and safe for families to go shopping.

worried if one day it turned into NSK over at Sri Muda (which I doubt). haha!

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur' for 'MYT/8.0/no DST' instead in /home/kutama/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTemplate.php on line 753

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur' for 'MYT/8.0/no DST' instead in /home/kutama/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTemplate.php on line 753
© 2014 Kemuning Utama Community.