Account
Communities Public Forums Members Events Ads (FREE)
  •  

Quote21.10.2011 01:160 people like thisLike

All, how's the reception for digi or u mobile ya in IR ? I am thinking of switching from maxis to either one of them

Quote21.10.2011 08:510 people like thisLike

All, how's the reception for digi or u mobile ya in IR ? I am thinking of switching from maxis to either one of them

Digi coverage is bad in IR, only got outdoor coverage, inside the house signal is very weak, even no coverage, u can confirm this wit gkl83, he needs to put his phone beside windows, my wiring contractor also facing the same prob, receive call in the car porch, wall inside my house, line cut off...

U Mobile 3G has coverage in IR, but heard is weak(indoor) in phase 8A, phase 8C both indoor & outdoor no prob(i'm currently using U Mobile), but if u no need 3G coverage, u can always switch to 2G which is celcom network fr U Mobile, celcom network coverage is good in IR...

Quote21.10.2011 09:380 people like thisLike

just confirm wit Wee_Loon, house in phase 8A, U Mobile 3G network inside his house, just a bit weak, but still got coverage...

U Mobile 2G(Celcom) is good :)

Quote21.10.2011 10:220 people like thisLike

I'm currently using U mobile broadband 3G in my 8C2 unit for 1 week now. Touchwood, for the moment, I managed to get 30-40% signal on my 2nd floor bedroom. The download speed still can reach 3-4mbps. But the down side is the 20gb FUP per month. I'm also a Digi phone user. The reception inside the house especially on the ground floor was terrible. I get only 1-2 bars (that's on a good day) but sometime my phone signal only show "searching" at the signal indicator.
Quote21.10.2011 10:260 people like thisLike

Thanks buddy...

Was hoping that Digi has got a decent line as I am interested in their SII :(

Quote21.10.2011 15:180 people like thisLike

Thanks buddy...

Was hoping that Digi has got a decent line as I am interested in their SII :(

buy a phone n subscribe U Mobile Prepaid Unlimited Mobile Internet Plan, is really worth :)

RM28/month - Free 100mins Voice, Free 120 SMS, Unlimited data wit 500MB quota.

personally feel contract is more expensive...

Quote21.10.2011 15:250 people like thisLike

I'm currently using U mobile broadband 3G in my 8C2 unit for 1 week now. Touchwood, for the moment, I managed to get 30-40% signal on my 2nd floor bedroom. The download speed still can reach 3-4mbps. But the down side is the 20gb FUP per month. I'm also a Digi phone user. The reception inside the house especially on the ground floor was terrible. I get only 1-2 bars (that's on a good day) but sometime my phone signal only show "searching" at the signal indicator.

U Mobile has good coverage in phase 8C, especially 8C2 together wit damai 9A, 42Mbps mobile broadband also got coverage :)

Quote21.10.2011 16:120 people like thisLike

For the time being, no 42mbps in our area yet. Fastest is 7.2mbps. My fastest dl speed was 5.1mbps around 1am. Since I haven't use past the 20gb quota, my main worry is how will U mobile 'manage' the speed once the quota has been reached. :(
Quote21.10.2011 17:190 people like thisLike

For the time being, no 42mbps in our area yet. Fastest is 7.2mbps. My fastest dl speed was 5.1mbps around 1am. Since I haven't use past the 20gb quota, my main worry is how will U mobile 'manage' the speed once the quota has been reached. :(

hi weichieh007, normal wireless modem only can support till 7.2Mbps, 42Mbps need special modem (http://www.u.com.my/u-broadband/plans), phase 8C2 & damai 9A got 42 Mbps coverage according to their coverage map :)

42Mbps U Broadband

Quote21.10.2011 17:280 people like thisLike

my wife just tested the maxis mobile line...inside also not much reception...alwayz putus oso...kns

Quote22.10.2011 10:050 people like thisLike

perhaps u can do complain direct to Digi instead?

i complaint to Digi and MCMC since 2009 but seem no the coverage still no improved at all...

Quote22.10.2011 13:180 people like thisLike

@Jason That's definitely news to me! When I went over to U mobile service centre, they told me Kota Kemuning still no 42mbps. I dunno why whenever I say Kemuning Utama, they always use Kota Kemuning as a reference. Now that you mention it, I'm glad that there's something that we have (42mbps) broadband that our neighbor Kemuning don't;-) I wonder whether I can upgrade my plan or not @Gkl83 Luckily Digi is not my broadband provider. I can still make regular calls if I go to a certain spots in my house. It's quite sad to see this kind of phone signal still exist in our country.
Quote22.10.2011 15:060 people like thisLike

u mobile, no doubt, has good reception in general.... almost everywhere...

Quote28.10.2011 10:200 people like thisLike

Thanks guys :)

i am more into the umobile's RM28 postpaid plan :)

Quote28.10.2011 10:430 people like thisLike

Thanks guys :)

i am more into the umobile's RM28 postpaid plan :)

Differences between U28 postpaid & RM28 prepaid:

U28 Postpaid RM28 Prepaid
Free Call(to all operators) - 100 mins
Free SMS 300 30
Free Data 1GB 500MB
Free Call(to U Mobile) - 60mins/day
International Roaming Yes No
Free RM10 KFC/Pizza Hut Voucher N/A Top Up RM50
Govn Tax 6% Waived

Both charging block for voice calls is 30 seconds/block

Quote02.11.2011 17:140 people like thisLike

I'm staying at 143F, next to KESAS, Digi reception at my area quite ok. To date, I've sent about 4 - 5 emails to digi complaining about the reception, after the second email I managed to get 3G, but later decreased to edge balik. 3rd and 4th email no change. Then after the fifth email, i got back the 3G until now. Probably you can send them the map of IR and explain to them the 'potential' of user if service is improved.. That's how i do it.. haha

Quote02.11.2011 17:320 people like thisLike

I'm staying at 143F, next to KESAS, Digi reception at my area quite ok. To date, I've sent about 4 - 5 emails to digi complaining about the reception, after the second email I managed to get 3G, but later decreased to edge balik. 3rd and 4th email no change. Then after the fifth email, i got back the 3G until now. Probably you can send them the map of IR and explain to them the 'potential' of user if service is improved.. That's how i do it.. haha

I send complain Digi also but the customer service called me up for detailed information...

I also informed them the potential new sales of wireless broadband if they capable to provide good coverage on new area that time...

still the coverage no improved much and i complained to MCMC...

but Digi claimed that they solved the problem... =S

Quote04.01.2012 11:080 people like thisLike

just to update tat U Mobile 42Mbps wireless broadband is now covered whole IE, IR & DR - http://www.u.com.my/broadband/coverage-locations

Quote04.01.2012 11:260 people like thisLike

I got 3 different telco line, overall Umobile > Maxis > digi....

digi damn suxk nowsaday in most area, really tak boleh tahan... 8A1 inside house, no line at all.... have to put near window

Quote04.01.2012 11:320 people like thisLike

I got 3 different telco line, overall Umobile > Maxis > digi....

digi damn suxk nowsaday in most area, really tak boleh tahan... 8A1 inside house, no line at all.... have to put near window

same in 8C2, my wiring contractor using digi, once go in the house, no line, need to talk outside...

© 2016 Kemuning Utama Community.